Friday, February 27, 2009

I don't know that I like this idea but it made me laugh

Jewish family gets big bucks to move to Ala.

Matthew and Michelle Reed, along with their 2-year-old son and newborn baby boy, are the first of what could be a stream of people to move to Dothan under a program that offers Jewish families as much as $50,000 to relocate and get involved with the city's only synagogue, Temple Emanu-El.


I had to laugh. Usually you read about fundamentalist Christians trying to pack their town, often to have political influence. So when some group, ANY group, does the same thing, no matter what the reason, I have to wonder what the reaction among the fundamentalists will be. So many amusing scenes are playing out in my head. I don't know that I like the idea of anyone doing this sort of thing but I love when the tables are turned on those who usually do it.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

This was from some time ago-My brother in law lives in Dothan and I've been bustin' his chops since! Originally from liberal Massachusetts and now a full blown redneck from Alabama, something in the water down there.....