Thursday, December 20, 2007

I iz a laydie now!

(this is entirely SCA related and if you're not interested in SCA, just skip on down to older stuff...)

Okay, the Russian title is Boyarina and I'm not sure what the Eastern European Jewish title would be, but one way or another I have earned my first (and most likely only) title in the SCA. It was such an anti-climactic moment, especially as I already knew about it and was kind of expecting it. Instead of happening in a formal SCA setting, it was after dinner in a crowded Mexican restaurant. I'm not sure who was more embarrassed, myself or Aedan who had to act as herald and make the whole announcement sound formal after eating a huge burrito. Actually, it was so me... Baroness Jill was adorable (she and Baron Alfric just are adorable...) and when we had trouble getting the necklace on me because of $#%$## hair was in the way she giggled.



There is going to be a better picture of my scroll later and one of the necklace as well, but right now the only thing I have is my camera phone and it doesn't work all that well. It's a stunning scroll and I must have it framed as soon as possible, but for the moment it's safe in its envelope.




According to the An Tir "Handbook"

Award of Arms - the lowest level of armigerous rank awarded by the Crown generally to those who have become recognized integrated participants in the Society. The Crown of An Tir has granted Principality Coronets the privilege of bestowing AA's to subjects of Their Principalities in the name of the Crown. Those who have achieved an Award level rank are given the title of Lord or Lady.




And there it is, my friends. And I'm full of nachos and laughs and good feelings and on that note I think I'm heading for bed.

No comments: