Sunday, June 29, 2008

I am not going to try this. I'm not I'm not I'm not

Although in principle it sounds decadent and interesting...

Brown-Sugar Salami Chips
Arrange one layer of thin salami slices on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325ºF until edges are crisp, about 30 minutes. Remove from parchment and blot dry on paper towels. Combine 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave about 30 seconds until bubbly. Add chips, stir gently, and return them to the oven on a fresh sheet of parchment to bake 3 to 4 minutes at 300ºF.

In less horrifying food news, I've discovered that storing my pancake batter in the refrigerator until I want it is a great idea, just not for hot summer days.

1 comment:

audreym said...

I'm glad I'm a vegetarian and won't be tempted by the salami thang. The resting your pancake batter thing works because the starch molecules have time to swell and make better pancakes. Oh and I tagged you with a 5 things meme